Research* shows that spending just a few minutes each day looking for 3 new things to be grateful for can rewire our brain and help us become more positive and happier.
This simple 30-day printable pdf journal is designed to help you do it.
For ages 6 and up.
This is a printable 30-day daily journal with one simple goal: help you get in the habit of looking for something positive that you can be grateful for each day.
Here's how you can make the most of this journal:
1. Print one copy for each family member (Note: the journal is designed for 2-sided printing)
2. Gather the whole family and give each member their copy
3. Make a ceremony out of signing the Commitment Promise page. Additionally, if you plan to use binders to save your journal pages, spend some time together decorating your binders
4. Every day at the pre-commited time (eg. just before/after dinner, at bedtime etc.) spend a few minutes with the mindfulness activities and then fill out your journal page to turn gratitude into a habit!
Each sheet of the journal uses the following format: On the facing page is an inspiring quote and a fun little maze puzzle. On the other side, are your 3-2-1 entries for the day.
Here is a quick preview of what the journal pages look like:
Whenever possible, spend a few minutes playing with the puzzle while you think over your day and figure out what you want to enter in the journal.
If you are in a hurry, skip the maze, but fill in your 3-2-1 entries without fail - it is this commitment that will train your brain to make gratitude an unconscious habit!
Research* shows that this simple process can actually change the structure of our brain to help us become more positive and happier.
1. The Happiness Advantage: The Seven Principles of Positive Psychology That Fuel Success and Performance at Work by Shawn Achor
2. White paper on the Science of Gratitude by the Greater Good Science Center at UC Berkeley
3. The Research on Gratitude and Its Link with Love and Happiness via PositivePsychology.Com
4. The Science of Happiness Masterclass with Shawn Achor at Positive Parenting Conference 2019